Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update to the "Prayer... Brings Us Up to Him"

      For those who read the blog I wrote earlier today, may want to know what happened the rest of they day. After sleeping for another hour, spending more time in though and prayer, chatting with my mother and catching up on a few things I had to do,  I got called in to work! I got to work for about  5 hours today. It was a whole new experience coming to work in the middle of they day, so I learned a few new things. God gave me a good experience with my patients.  God's ways are unknown to us at times, but this experience gave me even deeper trust that God is in control on my life :)

 
   I got to see some sad things today at work too... One patient of another nurse died... I quietly walked in to the room just before the doctor pronounced that she indeed died. I wanted to get a glimpse what it is like, when person is dying. I didn't get to stand up close or watch the whole situation, nor did I ever met the person that died. Couple of the nurses that were there teared up. One of them said that she smiled as she was passing away. I just stood there for a moment, numb, in disbelief. That's it? It just ends like that? I wondered, what life story was hidden, behind this frail little white haired, pail skinned body of the lady. Being a nurse..this is not the last time I will see death... Oh, how I long for the day when there will be no more dying, no more sickness, no more pain.



.

2 comments: